Alongside our 24/7 equipment rental service, we have boosted our manufacturing capabilities to increase production of our specialist Aurum+ bariatric bed.
In response to the rising requirements of an under resourced NHS and the ever-concerning issue of Bariatric patients not having immediate access to suitable equipment, we have heavily invested in manufacturing.
All patients deserve to be cared for on equipment that is suited to their needs, our aim is to provide Healthcare Professionals with quicker access to quality specialist equipment so they can care for their patients in the safest and most dignified way.
Previously we had outsourced our manufacture and assembly to the EU but having a Managing Director with a wealth of Engineering experience, there was always a burning desire to bring it in house. We longed to gain better control over the manufacturing process, control our own production and reap the benefits of quality and design control.
In 2018 we took our first steps in making this dream a reality by acquiring the lease on the 3,000 square foot industrial unit next to our head office branch in Hampshire, to house our bed builds.
We were then on the search for a Mechanical Design engineer to bring our existing designs to life, with responsibilities including design, development and key component selection for existing and future projects.
Fast forward to 2022 and we have successfully grown our manufacturing department, with a great team on board. This is a great achievement for an SME, especially when there was a Global Pandemic and Brexit uncertainties to contend with.
To proudly exhibit our UK manufacturing abilities, you will find the ‘Made in Britain’ mark on our British designed and built products.
We take great pride in utilizing 25 years’ worth of experience in the bariatric sector to design and build products that can adapt to ever changing requirements. Ensuring patients have appropriate, safe equipment for their needs.
- All fabrications and propriety parts are sourced by our team, which on arrival to us are quality checked. In this way, we are able to control every stage of our equipment’s life cycle from initial design to quality control and dispatch of the final product.
- “Bringing our manufacturing in house is a game changer, it has allowed us to take greater control of our design process” – Harry Turner, Mechanical Design Engineer
- Keeping Compliant
- Due to the nature of our products and their use in the Healthcare Setting, compliance is at the forefront of our production capabilities. All products go through rigorous testing procedures to ensure they are compliant with BS EN60601-2-52:2015 EU standard and Medical Devices Directive 93/42/EEC.
- Not only do our products have to comply, but our manufacturing processes are coordinated in line with Quality Management Systems under ISO 13485:2016 and ISO 9001:2015 standards. Such compliance standards are continually regulated to ensure we are following the correct processes.
- Future Development
- With the initial success of our manufacturing venture, we are already working on a series of future projects.
- The reality is that bariatric patients are often limited in access to equipment that can meet their needs or accommodate their shape or size.
- With full control of design and development it is our mission to continue to produce innovative, high quality, specialist equipment for the bariatric market. In doing so, we aim to reduce the stigma surrounding equipment selection for this complex patient group.